Saturday, November 5, 2011

Phytohormones 4+1

We are going through those plant hormones in biology class so I think it'll be fun if I draw them. Plus, it's "sort of" requested by my botany professor when I told him I'm personifying some molecules.

Biology + chemistry is awwesoooomme!! I'd love to have them as characters even without any story. Here's the sketch of how they might look. What do you think?


(left to right)

IAA (Indole-3-Acetic Acid) - The most important of the auxins. The French molecule I introduced before, he is a horticulturist.

Zeatin - One of the cytokinins, a plant biologist, wife of IAA. This couple work together and fight a lot, especially at the apical meristem. Their decision is crucial for the well-being of plants.

Ethylene - Probably the smallest phytohormone ever. Being a gas, he rides a flying bike to message fruits to ripen.

ABA (Abscisic Acid) - The molecule responsible for dormancy and slowing of growth. Usually works together with GA in seeds.

GA3 (Gibberellin A3) - One of the hundred gibberellins. A ridiculously tall Japanese molecule who is responsible for cell elongation and seed germination.

1 comment:

  1. 為什麼這些賀爾蒙還會有國籍?是根據發現它們的人是哪一國人嗎? 還是有甚麼其它原因?

    ReplyDelete