Thursday, September 20, 2012

Harvest from the Farmers' Market

I love going to the Farmers' Market. Seeing the harvest and people's happiness when they sell their products or buy the things they need just make my heart warm.
I bought two chili pepper plants from the market and harvested the peppers. The long peppers, which I stir-fried one with vegetable, were not spicy at all, though it added the good peppery smell. The other variety is the small Thai chili. I hope it'd be hotter.
There were some strange things I saw. Emu eggs! I nearly thought they were dyed ostrich eggs but I noticed they were significantly smaller and had a different shape. I've heard they are naturally of this deep blue color, just beautiful! The farmer also sold emu jerky and emu sausage.
Things I bought from the market: bread, brats, Swiss chard, and jam made by Pilgrims.
The Swiss chard is also called rainbow chard.
Currant jam, pickled mushrooms (garlic and dill flavor), strawberry bread, and cherry almond bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment