Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dumpling Making (Chinese New Year)

I posted those photos on Facebook, but they could only be seemed by group members so I'm posting them here so other people can see them. Those are not all the photos, though.


February 16, 2013: Chinese New Year celebration - dumpling making with oSTEM
It took a long time just to cut the pork and the cabbage.
We enjoyed it. One of the girls said, there is not a thing we added in the dumpling that I don't like.
I was so prepared in my Chinese shirt. I was teaching ancient Chinese secret! LOL
I think he really had fun chopping the pork.
Good arm exercise. :D
Why that expression? LOL
My friends were amazing. We made about a hundred dumplings. It was their first time making dumplings, they learned it by just watching me once, and none of the dumplings broke after boiling.
"My mind just had a little imploding (when I saw how a dumpling is folded)," he said.
It was so delicious! I was so happy and proud! :D
I let them try different sauces. I had soy sauce, white vinegar, sesame oil, chili oil, and spicy bean sauce. They love it, even the spicy bean sauce. It must be a very different taste to them.
She was vegetarian, so she made a batch of vegetarian dumplings.
I think dumpling making is a great New Year tradition to carry on, isn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment