Monday, September 3, 2012

Got drunk before my school starts

Journal transferred from deviantART ...


Aug. 30, 2012

The first time I got drunk was when I was eight, or nine-month-old, my uncle and mom gave me a half baby's bottle of red wine. I was too young to have memory, but my mom said I was totally drunk and went crazy on the bed. I'm curious how it's like to be drunk (intoxicated by this super classic psychoactive drug) that I bought a bottle of vodka, made cocktail with cranberry and orange juice and soda, and drank at home. I probably ended up drinking half of that 600 ml, 40% vodka.

The following is the record of my first rememberable experience with Ethanol:

14:00 - I began mixing cocktail and drank. Didn't feel much at the beginning except my face and eyes turned red.

14:30 - I continued to drink, while reading Wiki pages on ethanol. I was heavy-headed, might have a bit euphoria but it was negligible - more like being too impaired to recall the unhappy things. My heart beat fast and my stomach was hot.

15:00 - I drank a bit more and after 20 minutes felt the nausea coming up. My motor function is somewhat impaired. I could still walk, talk, and perform most tasks but with less accuracy. I knocked an empty bottle over and when I poured drink, I spilt a little, for examples.

15:30 - I vomited and felt a lot better after that. My body, especially legs, hands, and mouth, were numb, as though injected with a small amount of anesthetics. I felt dizzy so I brushed my teeth and went to bed. It was very difficult to fall asleep since my heart beat fast and I was gasping uncomfortably. I have a resting heart rate around 60 bpm but now it rose to >80 or >90 bpm. My vision wasn't blurred but moving; the ceiling looked like it was spinning. My head ached.

16:00 to 16:30 - Drunk on my bed but didn't completely fall asleep.

17:00 - My dad came home. I got up and told him I wasn't able to cook dinner.

18:00 to 19:00 - The numbness started to wear off. I wasn't hungry at all but still ate a normal meal (Chinese food) with my parents. I was so thirsty.

20:00 - My head ached that I had to take an acetaminophen pill. The dizziness was less but I still felt a bit numb on hands and feet and heavy-headed: the so-called hangover. My face was still red and my dad said I smelled like alcohol. During the whole episode I didn't lose control in speech, acts, and appetite, etc.

Conclusion: F*ck, it wasn't fun. I won't get drunk easily again. Compared to Ethanol I like Caffeine so much better. I feel like I pay more than the euphoria of getting drunk. Now I understand why it's dangerous to drink outside of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment