Thursday, November 3, 2011

Shared by My Chem Prof.

What does this remind you of?



Cyclohexane in its most stable conformation, the chair conformation!
OMGGGG so nerdy! C:

Organic chemistry professor: You can find hexagons everywhere but it's not easy to find the chair conformation.

By the way, a lot of scientific discoveries originated from my school. Today I just learned that cytokinin, the plant hormone, was discovered in the 1950's by Folke Skoog in Birge Hall at UW-Madison. I often pass Birge Hall by or walk into it. I feel so proud!

1 comment:

  1. When I was in my master program, I had been read those differednt configurated isomerous, but I am not really undterstand what the really meaning of those things. The book say; In nature eviroment there inter-molecular conjugation force was more stable between the boat form than the chair form. but the really meaning I still have big question mark ??? XD

    ReplyDelete